OPEN CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Inspired by the engineering, intricate choreography, and impromptu interactions of your daily commute? Wish there was an open mic night for historians and urbanists? A show-and-tell for your creative musings on mass transit? Looking for a public platform to present your ideas to a captive audience?
Us, too. That’s why we are excited to announce PLATFORM, a new series of cross-disciplinary programs created by the public for the public. Have an idea? We’ll give you a platform.
The New York Transit Museum is now accepting program proposals for our first PLATFORM, scheduled for Thursday, April 10 at the Transit Museum’s subway station home in downtown Brooklyn. We welcome submissions from all disciplines—history, science, engineering, visual and performing arts, urban studies, city planning, academic fields. The common denominator? Public transportation.
Submissions may include but are not limited to the following:
- Live performance (music, theater, dance, spoken word, storytelling, comedy)
- Film (documentary, fiction, creative media works)
- Visual art (must be presentation or other programmatic discussion of artwork)
- Presentation (academic lecture, informal slideshow, etc)
- Panel discussion (propose participants, moderator, topic, your expertise)
- Other participatory or site-specific events
We are no longer accepting submissions for our first Platform program. Thanks to everyone who put in proposals! If you are interested in submitting materials for future Platform programs, please email email@example.com.
Check back here shortly for the first Platform lineup.
Early bird tickets for the April 10th launch are available here.
14 Notes/ Hide
- iareconscious likes this
- momentsmemoires likes this
- parralis reblogged this from nytransitmuseum
- sayiamhere likes this
- hurricanelindsey reblogged this from nytransitmuseum
- hurricanelindsey likes this
- train-spottings reblogged this from nytransitmuseum and added:
- chickenonthehundson reblogged this from nytransitmuseum
- thatgirlwhoknows likes this
- theartofryanseslow likes this
- bookshop likes this
- getoffmyblog reblogged this from subwaysavant
- spinningponcho likes this
- subwaysavant reblogged this from nytransitmuseum and added:
- artsfortransit likes this
- nytransitmuseum posted this